Where chocolate chip cookies and coffee collide!
It’s just like the good ‘ole fashioned chocolate chip cookie we all love, but with a twist of using “espresso morsels” instead of plain semi-sweet chocolate chips. I’ve had these morsels (is it just me who thinks that word sounds funny?) in the pantry for quite some time and figured this was a great time to use them.
As you can see below these were the unfortunate first batch because I tried to fit 8 on a sheet and discovered soon enough that was just too many. I narrowed it down to 6 per sheet to be perfect, but either way they still taste just as good!
There we go…
Did you know cookies are the hardest thing to make? There are so many variables each time you make cookies. Temperature, humidity, freshness of ingredients, how you stir it, how you don’t stir it. The list goes on, so never worry too much when you get a few oddly shaped ones!
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. water
12 oz. pkg. espresso chocolate morsels
– Preheat oven to 375.
– Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in bowl. Set aside.
– Cream butter and sugars well.
– Blend in vanilla, water, and eggs until well combined.
– Add dry ingredients and mix until there are no more flour streaks.
– Drop onto greased or lined baking sheet by heaping tablespoons. I learned to only make six at a time on a 9×13-inch sheet otherwise they will touch.
– Let cool on pan two to three minutes before removing.
– Enjoy! And good luck eating just one 😉