It’s always an exciting day when cupcakes are involved!
Especially homemade, classic vanilla ones with a hefty helping of vanilla-almond buttercream frosting on top!
Sometimes I have cake duty in the family– or cupcake duty. These are for a birthday party for my nieces! You really can’t go wrong with vanilla cupcakes.
And, yes, if I love you I will bake for you. I’ve never heard anyone complain about that so far!
And speaking of love, Valentine’s Day is around the corner (wink, wink). I’m sure a loved one wouldn’t mind a few of these! Homemade treats are some of the best gifts.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla-Almond Buttercream Frosting
Make 28 cupcakes
Ingredients for Cake:
3 c. cake flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1 1/2 c. butter, melted
1 1/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. milk
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
4 large eggs
Directions for Cake:
– Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pans.
– Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
– Cream butter and sugar with electric mix on high speed until fluffy.
– Add flour mixture, milk, vanilla and eggs, mixing until well blended and scraping bowl as needed.
– Beat for two more minutes then fill cupcake pans evenly.
– Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
– Let cool a couple minutes and remove from pan.
Ingredients for Frosting:
1 c. butter, softened
4 c. powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1 t. almond extract
5 T. milk
Directions for Frosting:
– Cream butter.
– Add powdered sugar and cream.
– Add vanilla, almond, and milk.
– Mix well, scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
– Frost cupcakes when completely cooled.