More like heaven on a plate! If it even makes it to a plate. This is almost more of a candy than a bar if you ask me. Starts with a sweet brown sugar crust, then a sweetened condensed milk filling, and ends with chocolate and butterscotch to top it off!
I will warn you now, there’ll be a lot of pictures! I guess I’d rather have them tell the story more than myself.
Normally I’m a fairly patient person, but when if comes to waiting for desserts I get feisty…no, not really, but when making these I found myself not being able to wait.
For example, I did not wait for the crust to cool completely before adding the filling. Whoops!
And I didn’t wait super long to cut into these babies, but in my defense that’s when they’re the best! All warm, melty, and delicious.
So, yes! Not much to ’em. Super easy, I’d say I whipped them up in 30 minutes. You work on the crust and while that’s baking work on the filling and the topping makes itself. You just have to do the sprinkling!
3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 c. flour
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 T. butter
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips
– Preheat oven to 350.
– For the crust, cream soft butter, brown sugar and flour until well combined.
– Press into a 9×13-inch pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
– For the filling, combine milk, 2 T. butter and vanilla in saucepan.
– Stir constantly over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until thick. **Be careful not to scorch the milk!!
– Spread over cooled crust and bake 12-15 minutes.
– Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and bake 2 more minutes.
– Remove and spread chocolate evenly.
– Sprinkle butterscotch chips over chocolate, gently press into chocolate (If you’re feeling really fancy, take a toothpick and do swirls!)
– Cool, Cut, and Serve!